Hello my friends:) I don't know when last I had so much fun creating!! It is the first time I take on a challenge by CSI Color Stories Inspiration and I can kick myself for not having done it before. What a fabulous way to get out of the rut that I was in and the best part of this challenge is that I got to work with colours I would never have imagined could look so pretty together.:) I have to admit that I got very bored with pinks and blues and browns together. This really opened my eyes to a whole new world of colour combinations:) Now here's another thing...I love the Crime and Investigating Channel on TV and I always have it on while I'm scrapping and not because I enjoy the crimes committed, definitely NOT, but because I love the "solving of the crime" part. I love the investigation and I love forensics and the best part is when the criminal is brought to justice!! Ok, now I'm rambling but now you understand why I loved this challenge so much. I had to figure out how to put all these clues together to arrive at the outcome and this is how I did it. First of all, here is the case file:
- Glossy Blue - sky blue, taken from the light blue tiles -- 159.205.228
- White Tile - white, taken from the counter -- 254.253.249
- Chartreuse Shine - chartreuse, taken from the green tiles--196.183.43
- Blueberry - dark blue, taken from the darker blue tiles -- 44.119.150
- Stainless Steel - gray, taken from the lighter parts of the stove -- 216.207.200
- silver metallic elements
- something transparent
- glossy accents
- fruit accents
- plain brads (inspired by the clock)
- something inspired by the bowl on the middle shelf on the right (e.g., a border punch, die-cut, lace cardstock)
TESTIMONY (USE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)
- Document something kitchen-related...food, special meals, your cooking talents, your own kitchen.
- Write your journaling as a recipe.
- Write your journaling as a schedule (inspired by the clock)
- Write your journaling in bullets and use glossy brads as the bullets
- List a bunch of words to describe the topic of your page OR choose one word and use a thesaurus to generate a list of synonyms (don't ask how, but that idea was inspired by the tiles.
- Inspiration Words: eat, time, create-- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title
Are you still awake? Well, hopefully I have solved this case and can't wait to move onto the next one:) Thank you CSI for the awesome inspiration provided and for making it so much fun. :)
The gorgeous flourish on my layout is the FWAB Elise Flourish Silver - Dusty Pink & Rose Pink Flowers Set from Flourish With A Bling.
Oh and if you're wondering what happened to my poor Delta, she was spayed and at the same time I had to have her dew claw removed as it kept tearing into the flesh and causing an infection. She's such a lump and wasn't interested in anything except food when she got back from the hospital..drowsy and all...she lives to eat :) I cannot tell you how many socks I went through before the wound finally healed...she ate them :)
Now I need to go and do something about the mosquitoes that are biting the hell out of me under this desk. Till next time, be safe, take care and be happy!!xx