Saturday, July 12, 2014

Be.YOU.tiful

Hi there!! Gosh, I feel like a stranger to my own blog :( It's been such a long time since I visited my little space here that I can barely remember how to do this bloggy thing. I'll just have to wing it as I did with my first scrapbook page in over a year and just hope for the best. Last night I was not a very happy camper when I went to bed. I was irritated, angry, frustrated and so disappointed in myself because I just couldn't get my page to even remotely look balanced or even slightly acceptable for that matter. I woke up this morning and somehow it all kind of came together after I literally spread all my stash all over the floor. It was like Christmas all over again and I felt like I met up with lots of long-lost friends and new friends too because even though I didn't scrap during this past year, I still collected a few new little items here and there. It was rather exciting. I guess the saying "once an addict, always an addict" is so true :) I am still undergoing treatment and still have a few months to go and that is okay because you know what? I will get to see my daughter walking down the aisle on her daddy's arm. A year ago I thought that I may never see that day. Now, besides my daughter's wedding, I can only hope that everything is going to be okay so I will get to see my grandchildren some day too :) I am eternally grateful for all the wonderful support I've had and am still having from my family and friends. You just cannot do cancer on your own. I've always thought of myself as a very strong person but cancer has a way of bringing you down a notch or two and that is when you actually realize how fragile life is and how vulnerable we really are. But, enough of that now...

I made this layout as my first project for Maja Design after a long leave of absence. It is wonderful to be back there. Thanks so much for dragging me back here Jenny. If not for you I would still not be scrapping and I would still not remember how much I loved it and still do :)  This beautiful girl in the photo is my darling daughter Heidi. Yes I am biased and I am allowed to be ...hahaha!!






















I used paper from three beautiful collections as seen below:)

























Here are a few close-ups of my page:)

















The flowers and the brick stamp is from Prima. The little wispy bits you see amongst the flowers are just pieces of paper which I sliced super-thin and that way you achieve a natural sort of curl. The peachy ribbon flowers came out of my stash and goodness knows where I got them from. The branches were cut with a die from Memory Box called "Woodland Branch" and I got all these yummy items from my special friend Merle at  Scrap and Card Boutique.


















The beautiful leafy circle is also from Memory Box called "Tupelo Circle" and I adorned it slightly with some Perfect Pearls. Both butterflies are stamps from Marianne Design called Eline's Huis. I stamped them, cut them out and stuck it on. The title work is done with clear stamps fromChiswick and the stamp on the corner of the photo is a tiny little Prima stamp.

The little circles above and to the bottom left of the photo (sorry, I forgot to take a close-up of them) is just a little bottle top I saw lying on my shelf and I grabbed it, dabbed  on some ink and stamped it on the page and stuck a drop of Perfect Pearls inside the little circles. I liked it:)

This page is also my entry for the July challenge at Scrap Around The World. I was very much inspired by the little photo on the top left. The colour in Heidi's scarf  is almost a perfect match to the colour of that beautiful little chest of drawers:)



And that my friends, is my story for today:) Now, I just need to keep on scrapping so my mojo can start flowing and if all goes well, I will see you again real soon :) The last few days have been absolutely freezing here but I love the cold weather right now. So for those of you experiencing winter in all its' glory, keep warm, be happy and take care. :) xxx

14 comments:

  1. Ah my friend, your layout is beautiful!!! I'm sitting here reading with tears in my eyes, it really feels like meeting up with a long lost friend!!! Lots of hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my friend! So very happy to see your scrapping! I've been ill for about 3 weeks and it truly takes the wind out of your sails! You were one of my first scrappy idols idols and still love all your creations! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy - your layout is so elegant and beautiful! I have read your story and even though we have not met before, I am impressed by what you have written. I cannot imagine struggling with cancer but I wish you as much health, as it is possible!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For not scrapping in awhile, your layout is absolutely beautiful! Love all the intricate details. I didn't know you were ill. I am so sorry to hear that and hope that everything is now going well. I had a cancer diagnosis a few years ago, so I know the fear it brings to your soul. You do look at life differently after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this! The composition is perfect! The colors are so soft and feminine! Great job! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, my friend are such an inspiration to me. The way you have handled this past year has been amazing. I have not stopped praying for you...and I love to see you scrapping again. I believe that this therapeutic hobby will do you a lot of good. Beautiful, beautiful page. You still have it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! So happy to see you scrapping again, & on the path to being OK as well. I had only just discovered your AMAZING blog [you are sooo talented....this is a WONDERFUL, perfectly proportioned, divine to look at page!!!]...thought I'd got it onto bloglovin'...then it sorta disappeared...couldn't remember your name & was a little sad....Well! You were there all the time going through a not so pleasant experience.....anyways, I'm really GLAD you are scrapping again....& to see your DD married. What a treat that will be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to see you back Cathy and congratulations on your daughter's impending Nuptials. Your layout is exquisite! All the best for the rest of your treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my friend, what an inspiration you are to me. So glad you are back. Your layouts are just stunning. Your photo stays your focus point and your embellishments compliment it. Do not know how to put it but your layouts are not clogged up. Thanks for sharing with us and I hope and pray that you will see all your grandchildren and that you will share all the layouts you scrap of them. Lovies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled onto some of your pages a few months ago and fell in love with them - beautiful art! I am sorry to hear why you have been out of it for a year and pray you have a full and speedy recovery - may all you wish for come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page, colours and pic....Thanks so much for playing at Scrap Around The World !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you are back Cathy, I saw this wonderful layout on the Maja Blog too your daughter is very beautiful!!! I've been missing your wonderful creations.....glad your doing better now!!! Always Be Happy like your layout made me :-)))) Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and soft project! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathy! so happy you are scrapping again and that you are better! This is beautiful...Thanks for playing at Scrap Around The World!! xo

    ReplyDelete